Bealtaine: Call for Digital Submissions
Call for Submissions
axis is seeking digital image submissions from artists aged 55 + in the Dublin
North West Area for our annual Bealtaine art exhibition.
The axis “Bealtaine” exhibition celebrates creativity as we age and aims to showcase the hard work of local artists and art groups. A highlight of the year in the axis gallery, this vibrant, touching exhibition is always a delight.
This year we are doing something different. As the axis Gallery is closed we are asking artists aged 55+ to send us in your work digitally. We will display chosen work on our website and as an axis window display in the main building, visible to passers by.
This year’s theme is “Escape to the Wild” and we are asking people to send us a photograph of something that inspires you that you have seen during this strange time while out getting exercise when you escape from your house… it could be a photo of something you miss seeing or artists can submit a photo of artwork you already have in your chosen medium based on that theme, if you have a painting, drawing or sculpture, please take a photograph of it and send it to us.
The submission date is Friday May 22nd at 5pm.
Submissions are welcome from everyone aged 55 and older.
How to Submit your work:
• Simply email the picture to email@example.com with your name and a line about why you chose it
• Artists may submit one piece only for selection.
• Please submit your work digitally. As either a work of photography, if photography is not your main medium please take a digital copy of a photo of your painting, drawing
• Work selected is at axis’ discretion, by submitting your work you agree to it being displayed online and in-house.
• It must be sent to email address by Friday May 22nd at 5pm.
How to send your photo:
• Take your photo with your smart phone or digital camera.
• Then email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Alternatively send us a facebook message (axisballymun) with your picture attached.
• For further information, please contact us on the email as well or send us a message through our facebook page.
We look forward to your submission