Following on from the success of The Pumphouse Presents in 2020, Dublin Port Company and axis Ballymun are delighted to announce the Pumphouse Bursary developed from donations received from the streaming of plays produced by axis Ballymun, Fishamble: The New Play Company and ANU productions.
Who is this for?
This bursary is for professional artists from the Greater Dublin area to develop work in response to, or that reflects the port area of the city.
What is it for?
This bursary could be
- Time / support for a playwright to write, develop / showcase a new play
- A group of actors to develop a new piece of work with collaborators
- A dancer to choreograph / develop a new piece of work
- A director to develop / showcase a new idea
- A visual artist to develop a new piece
- A musician to develop / write and record
- An amalgam of all the above
What you get:
Bursary funding up to €6000 (panel may decide to offer 2 x bursaries valued at €3,000)
In-kind support as agreed from axis Ballymun
How to apply
Please send us
- An outline of your idea of what you are looking to develop and why.
- Artist biog as well as biogs of any collaborators.
- An outline of what you would use the time and funding for, an initial budget.
- An outline of why you particularly want to engage with the Dublin Port Area
- The relevance of your work to the setting you will be developing it in.
- Sample of the work, or sample of previous work.
Closing Date for submissions Friday April 23rd 2021
Who can apply?
- Applicants who are aged 18+ in 2021
- Artists resident in or from the Greater Dublin area
- Applicants may be shortlisted for interview
- Axis will not be able to provide feedback on unsuccessful applicants
- The bursaries may be broken into smaller amounts by the discretion of the organiser
- If additional access requirements are needed for any artists applying please note same in application
We may also offer non funded support to successful applicants as well.
Applications open from Monday 22nd March 2021