Axis Assemble: Theatre Artists Bursary Scheme
Applications are open for axis’ new bursary scheme to facilitate and mentor new work for the theatre.
Axis has offered mentorship, space, development time and production to a range of theatre artists over the years, becoming a cultural hub on the Northside of Dublin and a space where artists and the public come together and assemble to develop and explore new work and new ideas.
Since 2004 we have worked with and produced new writing locally, nationally and internationally while also facilitating the development of hundreds of artists through our many programmes and initiatives and now are looking to assemble some new creativity, new work and new opportunity for 2019
Axis Assemble is the next stage of this work and we are looking to facilitate and mentor the development of more new work for the theatre in 2019, (both in playwriting and performance), and to this end are putting a call out for up to Three Bursaries.
Who is this for?
This bursary is for practitioners who have some professional experience (but need not necessarily have been professional produced, but those who have can apply as well). This bursary is for practitioners from the Greater Dublin area and we are particularly keen to hear from artist’s resident in / from or associated with Ballymun and / or the Northside of the city.
What is it For?
This bursary could be
- time / support for a playwright to write, develop / showcase a new play
- An Actor / group of actors to develop a new piece of work with collaborators
- A dancer to choreograph / develop a new piece of work
- A director to develop / showcase a new idea
- A new voice who is itching to get out and just needs support
- An ensemble needing space
- An amalgam of all the above
- A development staging of a piece
It is a bursary to purchase time, get mentored, get theatre space, network, writing space, seed money for production and inclusion in the axis 2019 season. It is not a fund to train, to purchase equipment, to travel
What you get
Bursary funding up to €2000
(and up to the value of €2000 worth of support in kind as follows)
- Development time in the theatre in February 2019
- 1 day / night in theatre for performance, showing / reading in June 2019
- Rehearsal space, (up to an agreed amount)
- Hot desk space
- Mentorship from axis production, sales and tech team
- Technical support for showing
- Ongoing blogging / vlogging on axis social media and website
- Invites to axis and other productions /networking opportunities
How to apply
Please send us
- An outline of your idea of what you are looking to develop and why.
- An outline of what you would use the time and funding for, an initial budget,
- An outline of why you particularly want to come and work in and with axis.
- The relevance of your work to the setting you will be developing it in.
- Sample of the work, or sample of previous work.
Who can apply?
Artists resident in or from the Greater Dublin area,
Artists with an interest in developing work with axis.
Writer / Director / Actor or Group / Company of same
The small print
- Applicants must be over 18 in June 2018
- Applicants may be shortlisted for interview
- Axis will not be able to provide feedback on unsuccessful applicants
- The bursaries may be broken into smaller amounts by the discretion of the organiser
- If additional access requirements are needed for any artists applying please note same in application
- We may also offer non funded support to unsuccessful applicants as well
Axis Assemble is supported by The Arts Council and Dublin City Council
Applications open Nov 8th 2018 and Close Nov 29th 2018