Projects Co-ordinator (Fixed Term)
axis are currently seeking to recruit a full time Projects Co-Ordinator on an 8 month fixed term contract from May 2021– January 2022 inc. to join its team of dedicated and passionate staff
axis is a centre for excellence with the community at its heart. It was founded by a number of community development organisations and artists resident in the community. axis’ aim is to programme at the point of excellence and inclusion, combining creative community development and artistic excellence to provide opportunities for professional and community member alike.
axis aims to improve local availability of expertise, advice and information, both through the arts programme and by relationships with groups, individuals and organisations within Ballymun and the wider arts community in Ireland and abroad. Such relationships are central to the ethos of axis, and are achieved by facilitating a range of opportunities for meaningful encounters and enhanced experiences.
axis are currently seeking to recruit a full time Projects Co-Ordinator on an 8 month fixed term contract from May 2021– January 2022 inc. to join its team of dedicated and passionate staff. This role will include, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate axis’ projects, comprising of but not limited to
UpliFT (title tbc) an Axis and Dublin City Council Culture Company collaboration with Dublin City Council Libraries, this will be a series of podcasts, videos and (online) gatherings, exploring the magic of libraries as gateways to creativity and wellness.
- Working on Creative Space, Cruinniu, axis Arts in education projects at both national and secondary level,
- Art and drama classesDream Factory Summer Arts project
- Administrate and develop axis’ programme of classes and workshops
- Work with arts team in developing relations with artists, schools, community groups and other stakeholders
- Work with arts team in developing axis’ artists and stakeholder database
- Work with axis in developing Ballymun-wide partnership initiatives such as Lift Youth Arts Festival, and the Otherworld Festivals
This role would suit a person with strong interpersonal, administrative, multi-tasking, digital and organisational skills with a love and passion for arts practice.
The candidate must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team. These projects will require the co-ordinator to be self-starting, self-motivating and extremely hard working. Evidence will be sought of these qualities in previous positions the applicant has held.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years relevant experience. References will be required and the position is subject to a three month probationary period.
Garda vetting may be a requirement. Axis is an equal opportunities employer.
Salary: 28k pro rata
To apply, please email email@example.com with a cover letter and CV
The deadline for applications is April 16th 2021
- A minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Evidence of skills in leading and organising projects.
- Evidence of experience in organising logistics
- Evidence of online / digital capabilities
- Evidence of writing and material production skills
- Ability to work with team facilitators
- Ability to handle and complete multiple assignments
Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work fast and flexibly and to meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to liaise with principal, teachers and students on the one hand and the other relevant organisations on the other.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to report on multiple projects with clarity and efficiency (includes financial reporting as well as project updates)
- A high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Belief in the values of the projects and a capacity to articulate same.
- Ability to work at axis, in online and and in a community setting.
- Ability to work irregular hours on occasions